Resident Dies in Hospital After Ingesting Dishwashing Detergent in Nursing Home

In a tragic case of nursing home abuse and negligence, an assisted living facility in Delray Beach, Florida will be paying a $7,500 fine after the death of 93 year old resident Michael Gruen. Gruen suffered from advanced stages of Alzheimer's disease and died after drinking dishwashing liquid. Homewood Residence (a Brookdale Assisted Living Facility), which has until now neither accepted or denied responsibility for Gruen's death, received warnings in 2008 regarding insecure areas of their facility. Dangerous chemicals were accessible to the number of dementia patients living within the nursing home. Apparently, the appropriate changes … [Read more...]