Our nations’ nursing homes are in dire need of help. Every day, nursing home abuse attorneys of Messa & Associates, P.C. are contacted by individuals regarding some form of abuse or negligence that a loved one endured in a nursing home. The importance of patient care seems to have dissipated and its priority replaced by money and business related needs.
However, it seems there is has been a push for betterment in the nursing home industry. Advancing Excellence, NH Quality Campaign – a campaign created to encourage, assist, and empower nursing homes to improve the quality of life, prevent bed sores and pressure ulcers, and care for residents – is prepared to change the nursing homes of America.
Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Support goals of Advancing Excellence Campaign
The coalition, which is the first of its kind, is made up of long term care providers, medical professionals, consumers, employees, and state and federal agencies. It has 8 major goals:
- To minimize staff turnover; a stable workforce will improve patient care.
- To employ a “Constant Assignment” plan so that patients are regularly cared for by the same caregiver.
- To reduce the time residents spend restrained. Independence will improve quality of life.
- To prevent bed sores and pressure ulcers, and to provide appropriate treatment of those that do develop.
- To prevent unnecessary or prolonged episodes of severe pain.
- To include residents in advanced care planning prior to the completion of their stay
- To use assessments of resident and family experience of care to improve future quality of care for patient safety.
- To use assessment of staff satisfaction of work environment to improve future quality of care.
Many nursing home establishments have joined forces with Advancing Excellence in efforts to improve the quality of care they provide. Obviously, these establishments are aware and agree that they are not providing top notch care. It’s good news to those who have suffered from nursing abuse, neglect, and inadequacy.
All nursing homes in New Jersey are in fact either participants in or charter members of the Advancing Excellence campaign. We should be proud that caregivers in the state are willing to step up and begin providing the kind of care our elderly citizens deserve.
New Jersey and Philadelphia Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
If you are someone who has seen first-hand the effects of nursing home abuse, negligence, and inadequacy, it’s time to contact a nursing home abuse attorney. The team at Messa & Associates is dedicated to earning justice and compensation for those injured or worse by negligence and abuse in nursing homes and long term care facilities.
Call, toll-free, 1-800-MessaLaw, or submit a free online inquiry. If you would like immediate assistance, click the CHAT LIVE icon to the right. A representative is present right now to answer your questions.