Manorcare Health Center (Camden)
The third place facility in our blog series is the Manorcare Health Center in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Manorcare is a for profit corporation that participates in Medicare and Medicaid and holds 108 certified beds. Inspectors found that the quality of care Manorcare was providing to its residents was far less than professional or satisfactory (nursing home abuse). The facility staff failed to:
- Make sure residents nutritional needs were met
- Give care or service to get or keep the highest quality of life
- Make available for residents the results of facility surveys and inspections
- Properly hold, secure, and manage each resident’s personal money, which is deposited with the nursing home
- Provide care that keeps or builds dignity and respect
- Advise residents whether or not they are eligible for Medicaid benefits, and if so, how those benefits can affect them and how they can apply
- Carefully review drug regimens to avoid errors
- Have a licensed pharmacist check each residents’ drug regimens monthly
- Make sure common and traffic areas are free of dangers that can cause accidents
- Provide adequate housekeeping and maintenance
- Provide rooms that are appropriately sized for residents
- Keep accurate medical records
Nursing Home Abuse: It seems that Manorcare of Cherry Hill may be more interested in turning a profit that in caring for our elderly and sick. Not offering Medicaid options to those that can use them, and mishandling personal funds of residents all point towards an administration that is solely focused on the bottom line. Also a cause for a concern is the higher percentages of residents losing control of their bowels or bladders, having catheters left inside their bladders, and developing urinary tract infections. These surely are signs of staff negligence.
If You Have Been Victimized by Nursing Home Abuse, Speak Up!
Nursing home abuse and nursing home negligence are very prevalent in long term care facilities across America. The priority of the health and well being of our loved ones is being replaced by the priority of profit. Do not remain silent if you or a loved one have been hurt by nursing home negligence or abuse. The nursing home abuse attorneys at the Mininno Law office are dedicated to righting the wrongs done by negligent, abusive nursing homes. Contact us for a free case evaluation, or call us at 856-833-0600 in New Jersey, or 215-567-2380 in Philadelphia.
Note: Conclusions in this blog about nursing home abuse were formed from data provided by the State of New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services and Medicare .