Medical Malpractice Tragically Takes the Life of a 7 Month Old

Seven month old Tressel was the only child to Scott and Emilie Meinardi. The baby had been living with heart issues since birth, and was to undergo a procedure at the Cincinatti Children's Hospital that would correct one of the issues. During the procedure, however, a technician made a heart breaking mistake. Instead of flushing the infant's system with saline solution, the medical staff member used alcohol. Obviously, sending alcohol through a tiny baby's body had dire consequences. Tressel died that day. This medical malpractice is not un-like an error that occured in a hospital not too long ago, when a baby was accidently given … [Read more...]